Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
I attained my diploma in Psychotherapy at Heartwood college Dartington nr Exeter.
This means I am able to work with clients who have long standing more complex mental health issues which often go back to childhood or early years. Often working in this way is done over a longer period of time and requires steady progress.
Diploma in Therapeutic counselling
I achieved my Diploma in Person Centred Counselling through Adult education here in Cornwall.
My Diploma means that I am qualified to work with a number of mental health issues, which can range from everyday problems to more psychological problems. Working in this way I can work over a shorter period of time, however there are no quick fixes in therapy and depending on the depth of the issue will depend on the time frame.
Continuing Professional Development
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults and Child protection
- Loss & Bereavement for professionals and Volunteers
- Exploring Suicide Risk
- Trauma training (with Betsy De Thierry)
- Anger Rage and the relationship
- Domestic Abuse training
- Carolyn spring, Trauma and the body
- Carolyn spring, Working with shame, also Working with relational trauma dealing with disorganised attachment
- Bessel van der Kolk Trauma interview series and internal family system
- Diana Poole Heller, Phd attachment theory
- Deb Dana Polyvagal theory
- Understanding and working with Narcissism
L6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision.
I welcome inquiries from Counsellor who wish to work ethically and professionally, to support themselves and their clients to develop and grow their potential. My aim for this is to be a shared experience, encouraging and supporting, bringing together our skills to broaden resources in your work. By working within the 7 eyed model of supervision I am able to pay attention to many areas of your work, including, the relationship with the client, interventions, CPD, as well as my own reflective practice. This enables a well rounded approach to the Supervisory process.